Seahawks Football 101: How Tariq Woolen got his pick-6 vs Lions
Seahawks CB Tariq Woolen celebrates after his interception against the Rams on Dec. 4, 2022. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)
(Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)
With the Seahawks’ 2022 season on the books, former NFL linebacker Dave Wyman reflects on some of his favorite plays from the year.
The one that really stood out for Wyman was a play rookie cornerback Tariq Woolen made in a Week 5 win over the Detroit Lions.
Woolen was a ballhawk for the Seahawks in 2022, recording six interceptions and breaking up a number of passes as he earned Pro Bowl honors despite being a fifth-round rookie pick.
One of those six picks came to Detroit early in the second half, and that interception was of the pick-6 variety as Woolen raced through the Lions’ offense to score his first NFL touchdown.
TARIQ-6 WOOL PICK 🔥 @_Tariqwoolen
📺: #SEAvsDET on FOX
📱: Stream on NFL+ https://t.co/CvE1Ql7jkg pic.twitter.com/8HvNHlDLra
— NFL (@NFL) October 2, 2022
In Wyman’s latest Football 101 video, Seattle Sports 710 AM’s Wyman and Bob co-host and color commentator for Seahawks radio shows alongside Steve Raible takes a closer look at Woolen, his technique and ability to read the opposing quarterback, and ultimately how he made a big play that helped Seattle get the win.
You can watch and listen to Wyman’s full breakdown at this link or in the video player at the top of this story.
More Seahawks coverage from Seattle Sports
• Huard: Two draft prospects the Hawks shouldn’t pass up if they’re available
• Why Jamal Adams’ future will be a conversation for Seattle
• Bump Breakdown: Hawks 2022 Offense, Defense and ST Rankings
• Salk: Could the Hawks close the gap faster by not paying Geno Smith?
• Fann: the four main scenarios of the Hawks for this offseason
• NFL Draft: Two in-depth position groups with unique, high-end talent
• Rost: What are the Seahawks’ options with QB Geno Smith?